Counts on the rise, and heading north

We are headed to Milwaukee! After three solid weeks of improving counts the docs say we can get out of Dodge and chill out for a few weeks. We are now in the “wait and see/will it stick” phase. Jila will still need blood tests twice a week, transfusions, medications, etc. but she is solidly, strongly improving. As we pack up and move out of Ronald McDonald House and hit the road tomorrow morning my heart and thoughts will be with the other kids here and their families who are hoping and praying for the same. Again, Jila is not out of the woods (and if a transplant turns out to be needed down the road, we still don’t have a match), but today is undoubtedly great news.#swabforjila www.marrow.org

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s